- Visual narrative artist, author and educator.
- Textile designer
- Founder of ”ELLUNHUOPA”
- Felt maker from Finland
I was born in the Ural Mountains near Ekaterinburg, Russia. I spent a happy childhood with my family and friends. My first teachers were my mother and grandmother, who inspire for needlework and taught me the basic techniques of sewing and embroidery.
Then I studied at the art school in the city of Novouralsk. There I learned the art of drawing and modeling.
But before art became my main occupation, I was a professional athlete.
- Winner of the Russian ski-orienteering competitions
- Winner of the Rogaining European Championship 2009 in Finland, Ylläs
- Competitor of the World Ski-Orienteering Championships. Ski-WOC 2009 in Rusutsu, Japan
- Participant of the Adventure Racing World Series in South Africa, Portugal, Sweden and Turkey
After 10 years of sports career I moved to Finland. Here I met the wool and learned wool felting technique. I was immediately taken to the opportunity that wool provides for mee. With this material, I could combine in my artwork all the knowledge of drawing and modeling, which had previously. I’ve been doing custom wool paintings since 2010.
School of art, Novouralsk Russia / 1993-1997
The Vocational Education Centre JEDU, Piippola (Siikalatva) Bachelor of Arts and Crafts, Artesan / 2015 – 2017.
If you are looking for something artistic and unique
After 10 years of successful sports career I met wool and learned the wool felting technique. I was immediately taken to the opportunity that wool provides for me. With this material, I could combine in my artwork all the knowledge of drawing and modeling, which I already had beforehand. I’ve been doing custom wool paintings since 2010.
I founded ELLUNHUOPA -company in 2011. Today I make original wool paintings and hold professional felting courses.
In my own work, I want to emphasize nature, from which I get a huge amount of energy as well as inspiration. I like of old woods a lot, as well as small lakes. The smell of moss pleases me, not to mention the scents of wild berries. In my work, I like to use some unusual and unique decorations. Forest fairy style is also a big part of my style and inspiration.
In my artist career, I am pleased to have already achieved this much. I have developed my own style and make a living from what I love to do. It took me over ten years or very hard work to get to this point and now I can help others to uncover their true artist self and guide them how to tap into their inner strength.
These days, I work in my home studio located in Kuopio, Finland. I also keep workshop and online classes for my students both locally and worldwide.
Lately, I have been focusing on wool paintings of a visual narrative art, since this inspired me in the first place.
My heart is as closely connected to nature and ecological material as possible.
~ ”I do my work to make your life more beautiful. I hope to inspire you by this beauty of Earth.” – Elena Bondar
- 2020, vlog ”Korpimakasiini”, Jasko
- 2020, magazine ”Maaseudun Tulevaisuus”, Sari Penttinen
- 2020, magazine ”Maaseudun Tulevaisuus”, Petsi Jauhiainen
- 2021, TV Broadcast ”Egenlandin matkakohteet”, Hannamari Hoikkala & Nicke Aldén
- 2022, magazine ”Lammas & Vuohi”, Finnish Sheep Breeders Association
- 2019, Between the roots, Boutique Hotel Sawohouse, Kuopio, Finland
- 2017, ”Wool in nature”, Galleri Frøya, Kalvåg, Norway
- June 2022, virtual group exhibition ”DISCONNECT”, The Holy Art, London, United Kingdom
- July 2022 Virtual Exhibition ‘UNITY’, The Holy Art Gallery, London, United Kingdom
- 2-8 Sept 2022, exhibition ”ELSEWHERE”, The Holy Art Gallery, London, United Kingdom
Contact me directly for custom order questions! I am always happy to help.
I do my work to make your life more beautiful!
100% handmade, high quality, ECO-line, exclusive